Loss prevention continues to be a major concern for retailers, and for good reason: losses due to employee theft, admin errors, and shoplifting cost you a lot of money. Commercial Security Cape Town
Clearly, retailers need to be more vigilant about loss prevention. To help you do that, we’ve put together a list of solutions for reducing shrink and improving store security.
From tools that you can install easily to technologies that require a bit of an investment, check out the items below and see if you can use them in your stores:
- Signage – Installing security signs in your store is a low-cost way to deter shoplifters and shady characters. Anti-theft signs should be fitted close to the entrance and near your fitting rooms.
Here’s a tip. Walk into your store and ask yourself: If you were a shoplifter, where would you go? The answer to that should help you determine the best places to install your signs.
- Cameras – If you’re willing to invest a bit more in store security, consider installing surveillance cameras in your stores. Doing so will allow you to monitor store activities 24-7, and it’ll give you recordings that you can revisit if necessary
- Mirrors – Not too sure about using cameras in-store? Consider mirrors instead, which can serve as inexpensive yet effective tools for spotting shoplifting and other suspicious activities.
Do a quick walk-through of your store to see if there are any blind spots. If you spot some, then you may want to install security mirrors to monitor those areas. Typical blind spots include corners that aren’t too visible from the cashier’s side, as well as areas which are blocked by fixtures or shelves. And the good news is, it’s quite easy to purchase these mirrors. You’ll find a lot of them online or in the nearest office supplies stores.
- POS system – Most modern point-of-sale systems allow you to set user permissions to enable or restrict certain tasks from being carried out. That’s why if you haven’t done so yet, check with your POS solution provider and see how you can update user permissions in your store.
- Inventory management tools – Staying on top of your inventory is critical to losing prevention. Poor stock control leads to more misplaced products and unchecked discrepancies, which is why it’s important to arm yourself with a robust inventory management system that’ll make it easy for you to track merchandise.
One thing to look for when choosing inventory management tools is the capability to conduct full and partial stock counts.
- Inventory counters – Speaking of inventory counts, you’ll want to have a reliable tool for conducting stock-takes. Avoid using a pen and paper when counting inventory. Arm yourself and your staff with a solution that enables you to count your products efficiently and accurately.
If you are keen to have Nzacksi Security securing your business or office or home, please contact us today and one of our advisors will be willing to help with your specific requirements. Your safety is our Priority.Click here to send us your Enquiry or to request a callback. Click here to send us your Enquiry or to request a callback.
Request A Quote Today
Events Security Cape Town,Security Services Cape Town, Events Security Cape Town, Armed Response Cape Town, Security Services Cape Town, Security Guard Service Cape Town, Security Companies Cape Town, Commercial Security Cape Town, Security Solutions Cape Town,Body Guards Cape Town , Bodyguards Cape Town, Bodyguards For Hire Cape Town