It’s that time of the year again. You’ve decorated the office, planned the office holiday party and exchanged gifts. But, have you taken the necessary steps to secure your business for the holiday season?Commercial Security Cape Town
Follow these security tips and best practices to keep your business safe during the holidays.
- Review Security Policies With Employees – One of the first steps to securing your business is to review your company security policy with all of your employees. Confirm everyone is on the same page and understands company security procedures. Some points to review include:
- Protocol for locking up valuables while everyone is away on the holiday break.
- The company cybersecurity policy, especially if employees are going to be working remote or travelling over the holidays.
- Rules about inviting guests into the workplace for holiday functions.
- Your security action plan in case of an emergency.
- Ensure All Security Equipment Is Working – Once you’ve gone over the company security policy and procedures, test all security equipment to make sure it is working properly, including:
- Alarm systems
- Cybersecurity software
- Smart locks and access control systems
- Panic buttons
- Surveillance cameras
- Update Alarm Company on Special Holiday Hours – Your business may have a different work schedule during the holidays. Let your monitoring alarm service know when the business is closed so that they can watch for unusual activity. Also, review your emergency call list, and update it if necessary. If the alarm does sound, the alarm company will need to have the right contact information.
- Be Cautious Using Public Wi-Fi – Checking your business email using public Wi-Fi can seem harmless, but it’s not. Your personal information and confidential business data can be left vulnerable. If employees will be working remotely over the break, protect your company’s data with a Virtual Protected Network (VPN). This allows your employees to retrieve resources from your company network without having to physically connect to it.
- Lock Up – This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s extremely important. Lock all of your business entrances and windows when you leave for the holiday break, as well as individual offices that contain sensitive data. If your business has an access control system, review all codes and confirm which employees have access to certain areas.
Even if you feel like you’ve done everything to prepare your business security this season, don’t be afraid to go through this list again just to double-check.
If you are keen to have Nzacksi Security securing your business or office or home or weddings, please contact us today and one of our advisors will be willing to help with your specific requirements. Your safety is our Priority.Click here to send us your Enquiry or to request a callback. Click here to send us your Enquiry or to request a callback.
Request A Quote Today
Events Security Cape Town,Security Services Cape Town, Events Security Cape Town, Armed Response Cape Town, Security Services Cape Town, Security Guard Service Cape Town, Security Companies Cape Town, Commercial Security Cape Town, Security Solutions Cape Town,Body Guards Cape Town , Bodyguards Cape Town, Bodyguards For Hire Cape Town