A security guard is someone who patrols and inspects fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal activity against residential or commercial property. They also monitor people and buildings in an effort to prevent crime. In short, your property, your people, and your assets are kept safe from being threatened.Security Guard Service Cape Town
Security guards should remain vigilant, searching for anything out of the ordinary during their shift. In the event of an emergency, the guards can call for assistance from the police, fire and ambulance services.
OUR SECURITY GUARDS SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Protecting and enforcing laws on an employer’s property
- Monitoring alarms and closed-circuit TV cameras
- Conducting security checks over a designated area
- Writing comprehensive reports outlining what they observed while on patrol
- Interviewing witnesses for later court testimony
- Detaining criminal violators
SECURITY GUARDS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make themselves visible – It is the responsibility of a good security guard to make sure that he or she is clearly visible to those in the vicinity of the area they are guarding. Most criminals like shoplifters, burglars, muggers and others would reconsider if they notice a security guard walking around on duty. This is referred to as “visible deterrence.”
- Be on the alert and vigilant – A security guard will be on the alert for any unusual or odd behaviour/event that might mean harm That’s why it’s important that he has a very good sense of smell as well as outstanding hearing and eyesight. He may smell a chemical leak or a cable burning, for instance, and know the direction from which the smell comes.
He could also sense when something sounds odd or normal. The security officer utilizes this information to remain alert and attentive in vision, reacting quickly to proper technique and protocols to any emergency situation.
- Act quickly in a crisis situation – A security guard must be continuously on notice so that he is not caught off guard. He needs to know how to handle any number of dangerous circumstances efficiently. Whether it’s a fire, a natural disaster –without question, he has the knowledge and expertise to deal with the situation quickly.
- Maintain order at large gatherings – At large gatherings, such as political rallies, religious assemblies and even parties, security guards are often called upon to maintain order. This is to preserve the safety of people and properties and to prevent the occurrence of riots or other dangerous situation.
- Receive visitors and guests – If a security guard is stationed at a building or event’s gate, he acts as a receptionist as he would be the first to welcome visitors or guests. The guard has to be approachable, polite and willing to help with this type of work.
Need Security Guard Services for Your Company?
Get a free security guard services quote for your company today. Our friendly staff will be in touch with you ASAP to help with your security needs. Your safety is our Priority.